Courts keep careful records of all legal proceedings, including arrests and trials. This means that if you are ever found guilty of a crime, your conviction will be noted in the legal system’s documents. This is known as having a criminal record, and the consequences can affect many different areas of your life.
If you have been accused of a criminal offense, qualified legal representation may help you avoid an array of personal, financial, and legal complications. To learn more about your rights as a defendant, call Champaign defense attorney Bruno Law Offices at (217) 328-6000.
Living with a Criminal Record
A criminal record can follow you for the rest of your life. Possible consequences that you may face include:
- Denial of home, car, or business loans
- The loss of certain rights, such as voting or owning a firearm
- Damage to your personal and professional reputation
- Increased difficulty finding a job
- Disqualification for certain scholarships
- Suspension or termination of driver’s license and/or other licenses
If you are facing criminal charges, even relatively minor ones, you need to be assertive about protecting your civil rights. Our experienced Champaign criminal defense lawyers can fight with you at every step of the legal process.
The Champaign criminal defense attorneys at Bruno Law Offices are passionate about protecting defendants’ rights. Contact us today at (217) 328-6000 for the representation you need.