Savoy, IL Criminal Defense Lawyers
Being charged with a crime is likely one of the scariest, most emotionally intense experiences of your life. Depending on what charges you face, you could be looking at spending much of your life incarcerated, along with significant fines and the loss of your personal property. If you’re convicted of a felony, you will have difficulty finding a job or being approved for a loan, along with other effects from the stigma of a criminal conviction.
Who do you turn to in a time like this? The answer is the Savoy criminal defense attorneys at Bruno Law Offices. Our firm is the premier criminal defense firm in Central Illinois, with more than 40 years of experience helping people navigate the justice system. Our elite team of legal professionals has handled all kinds of criminal cases, from DUI cases and white-collar crimes to drug cases and violent crimes. This knowledge extends to cases in which the death penalty is a possible sentence.
The Savoy criminal defense lawyers at Bruno Law Offices are available 24/7 to take your case and answer whatever questions you have. Call (217) 328-6000 or go to our contact page for your free initial consultation.
Criminal Cases We Handle
No matter what crimes you have been accused of, Bruno Law Offices has the knowledge and experience to fight for a positive resolution with your case. A few of the criminal cases we handle at our firm include:
- DUI — Being convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can cost your driver’s license, either temporarily or permanently. You may face other penalties like jail time and fines. If you injured someone while you were under the influence, you might face even stiffer penalties. Our defense lawyers can work with you to have DUI charges reduced or dropped.
- Traffic violations — Speeding tickets and other traffic violations may seem like a mere nuisance. Still, some of these crimes carry significant penalties, including jail time and the possible forfeiture of your driver’s license. We can examine your case to see if you may qualify for a plea agreement or if your charges can be dismissed or reduced.
- White-collar crimes — Though they’re sometimes perceived as “lesser” or “victimless” crimes, law enforcement officials take white-collar crimes like fraud or cheating on your taxes just as seriously as any other crime. A defense lawyer might be able to help avoid possible penalties by working out a plea agreement or demonstrating you did not commit the crime in question.
- Drug crimes — Drug crimes run the gamut from simple possession to trafficking and manufacturing. The potential penalties you may face vary drastically depending on the charges you’re facing, the amount of drugs found in your possession, and other factors. Regardless of the charges you’re facing, you need help from a lawyer if you’re accused of drug crimes.
- Property crimes — Theft, burglary, robbery, and other property crimes are extremely serious charges, even if no one was injured during the alleged incident. These crimes carry steep criminal penalties, but an experienced criminal defense lawyer can prepare a strong defense on your behalf or work with prosecutors to help you avoid the worst possible penalties.
- Sex crimes — Sex crimes include everything from unwanted touching and sexual assault to possession of child pornography. These crimes are taken seriously by the authorities, and a conviction often comes with severe social stigma, including the possibility of having to register as a sex offender. Contact a defense attorney immediately if you’ve been accused of a sex crime.
- Violent crimes — Violent crimes like assault, battery, manslaughter, and murder carry some of the stiffest possible penalties under state and federal law. In certain cases, you may even face the possibility of the death penalty. To avoid spending your life in prison or facing the death penalty, get in touch with a defense lawyer right away if you’re accused of a violent crime.
Do I Really Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer?
If you’ve been charged, no matter how seemingly minor the offense may seem to you, get in touch with a lawyer immediately. You need to make sure your rights are protected and that the authorities treat you fairly. Furthermore, police often use lesser charges to gain evidence against you for more serious crimes. So, what may seem minor at the moment may not be the full story.
The best way to make sure police and prosecutors respect your rights and you don’t get yourself into additional trouble is to hire an experienced defense attorney as soon as possible after your arrest.
How our Savoy, IL, Criminal Defense Lawyers Can Help You
A defense attorney is more than someone who stands at your side in court, though that is part of their job. Here’s how the defense lawyers at Bruno Law Offices can assist you with your case:
- Explaining what you have been accused of — In many cases, people who have been arrested don’t know what they’ve been accused of until they’re already in police custody. This can be a serious shock, but our attorneys can examine the charges against you and explain what exactly you have been accused of. We can also explain how your case is likely to progress, so you know what to possibly expect.
- Protecting your rights — People accused of crimes in Illinois have certain rights under state and federal law. These rights are designed to protect you from abusive practices by police and prosecutors, along with ensuring that you’re treated fairly throughout the duration of your case. We’ll uphold your rights and protect you from unconstitutional acts by police and prosecutors.
- Being an intermediary between you and the authorities — Dealing with police and prosecutors is a scary experience. Part of our job is to be with you when you meet with law enforcement officials and look at your case to see if your charges can be reduced or dropped.
- Representing you in court — Even if your case never goes to trial, you’ll likely have to go through several court hearings before your case is over. These hearings are extremely important, and you need someone at your side who knows what to say and do so you have the best possible chance of a positive resolution for your case. This is something our lawyers are more than capable of handling.
Contact a Savoy, IL Criminal Defense Attorney Now
If you have been arrested, your first priority is to contact a defense attorney right away. The sooner you contact our knowledgeable legal team, the quicker we can get to work helping your case. The Savoy criminal defense lawyers at Bruno Law Offices are standing by to take your case. Call (217) 328-6000 or go to our contact page for a free initial consultation.