Do I Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer?
If you have been charged with a crime, whether it is a misdemeanor or a felony, you absolutely need an attorney to help you navigate the tricky legal waters. You also shouldn’t trust just any attorney to handle your case. While an assigned public defender may have good intentions when taking your case, keep in mind they are often overloaded with cases and may not be able to give your case the attention it truly deserves. Inexperienced attorneys may agree to take your case and may seem enthusiastic about representing you, but at the end of the day, you need an attorney who has handled these cases before and knows how to present the best possible defense on your behalf.
The team at Bruno Law Offices understands the fear and uncertainty that naturally follow in the wake of an arrest. You may be fearful about your future, your job, and how you will take care of your family with charges hanging over your head. When you work with us, we will take the burden of defending your livelihood and reputation off your hands. We will handle the paperwork, will make the required court appearances, and will guide you through the process of preserving your freedom and clearing your name. We’ve protected good people facing prosecution in Champaign-Urbana for nearly four decades now, and we’re committed to helping you with your case. There is no fee to call us, so contact us today.
Why Choose Bruno Law Offices?
Through our four decades-long service to the Illinois community, our firm has a well-earned reputation for excellence when it comes to defending people just like you against criminal allegations. We have seen thousands of cases through and have earned the trust and respect of our clients. Here are just a few examples of cases we have handled for individuals in Champaign-Urbana:
- Facing felony drug charges and alleged participation in a central Illinois drug ring, the clients’ sentence was whittled down to only four years; the client will most likely spend no time in prison due to an agreement with the Attorney General’s office.
- Facing a DUI/DWI case, a private investigator was brought in and together we heavily scrutinized the security footage and witness testimony. The case was dropped by the State.
- Facing the consequences of a 3rd DUI arrest, the team at Bruno Law Offices was able to negotiate to get the charges completely dismissed.
- When felony manufacturing and distribution charges were issued against our client, we were able to build an aggressive defense and got ready for trial. The prosecutor decided to drop all charges against our client.
These are just a sample of the many cases we have handled on behalf of our clients, who trust us like so many others in Champaign-Urbana have trusted us to handle their criminal case. We will diligently research the facts of your case and will aggressively prepare for trial if necessary on your behalf.
Don’t let the fact that you’ve been arrested leave you paralyzed with fear. Contact an experienced criminal defense attorney at Bruno Law Offices to get started on your defense and prepare to fight the charges against you. We’re ready to help you today.
Criminal Charges in Champaign-Urbana
Our criminal defense attorneys are well equipped to handle a wide spectrum of cases. Our practice areas include:
- DUI/DWI – If you have been arrested for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, turn to the team that has helped countless people just like you in Champaign-Urbana. We will work to have the charges against you reduced or dropped altogether.
- Marijuana Possession – For many, marijuana charges seem like a minor infraction, but the state of Illinois still takes possession of this substance seriously. If you are charged with a marijuana-related crime, make sure to turn to the team that has successfully handled cases like this before.
- Traffic Violations – Speeding tickets, reckless driving, driving on an expired license, and other traffic violations can be a costly nuisance. We are prepared to help you fight the violations you have been charged with.
- Gun Crimes – If you have been charged with a crime involving a weapon and especially a gun, you may be facing serious penalties, including incarceration. We are prepared to mount an aggressive defense on your behalf, so contact us today.
- Cocaine Possession – If you are charged with possession or distribution of a controlled substance like cocaine, you need to build a strong defense to protect your livelihood and your freedom. We have experience helping people in your exact situation, so contact us to get started on your case.
- Sex Offenses – Being charged with a sex crime can have a lasting effect on your ability to work and your reputation. Do not let allegations like these ruin your life. We’re prepared to stand up for you and defend you in your time of need.
- Theft & Burglary – Our theft and burglary attorneys understand what it takes to present a strong defense on your behalf. We have helped other good people in Champaign-Urbana battle charges just like these and preserved their freedom.
- Heroin Possession – Heroin is a controlled substance that is often taken very seriously by arresting officers and the courts. That’s why it is essential to have an experienced attorney on your side if you are facing charges of possession, manufacture, or distribution of this substance.
- Homicide & Murder Charges – Murder charges carry a weight that few other criminal charges carry, and it is essential to immediately hire an attorney to mount an aggressive defense to protect your freedom.
- Methamphetamine Possession – Methamphetamines have been a focus of state and federal law enforcement in recent years, and as such, they have become more aggressive with arresting individuals suspected of using and distributing the substance. If you are facing methamphetamine charges, don’t wait to call us to help you today.
- White Collar Crimes – We have extensive experience helping good people like you who have been charged with a white-collar crime, from tax fraud to investment fraud, and others.
- Driving Suspended/Revoked – If you have been apprehended for driving with a suspended or revoked license, contact us today to discuss how we can help you retain your driving privileges.
- Battery – If you have been charged with battery, only an experienced criminal defense attorney should be brought in to protect your rights and fight on your behalf in court. Contact the team at Bruno Law Offices to speak to a qualified battery attorney.
- Conspiracy – People are often unfamiliar with how conspiracy charges can be brought against them and how to defend against these allegations. Let the team at Bruno Law Offices help you and develop a successful defense against the charges.
- Home Invasion – Home invasion charges are often considered a Class X felony and can come with heavy penalties in Illinois. By consulting an experienced member of our legal team, we can construct an aggressive defense to defend your future.
- Resisting A Peace Officer – The team at Bruno Law Offices know that in today’s climate, interactions with law enforcement can be intimidating and politically-charged. We are prepared to help you fight against resisting a peace officer charges in Champaign-Urbana.
- Child Pornography – We understand that child pornography charges carry a social stigma and especially zealous attention from prosecutors, so we are prepared to help you aggressively defend yourself against such allegations.
- Police Interviews – If you have been contacted by the police for an interview, it is essential to have an experienced criminal defense attorney on your side. Don’t be fooled, the police may be looking to get a confession out of you if you speak to them without an attorney present.
If you've been charged with an offense, do not hesitate to get in touch with an attorney. Your lawyer will use their skills to protect your rights and will work to minimize the extent of the penalties you may be facing.
The Champaign-Urbana Criminal Defense Lawyers of Bruno Law Offices Will Fight For You
Don’t let the weight of a criminal accusation crush your spirit and strip away your civil liberties. Good citizens face serious criminal charges every day, and at Bruno Law Offices we are dedicated to setting the record straight and putting the law back on the side of people just like you. There is a reason why our firm has successfully helped individuals in Champaign-Urbana for nearly 40 years; we truly care about our clients, and we get results. There is no fee to call us for a consultation, and we will show you why so many people have chosen us to represent them in what is likely the biggest battle of their lives. Email us through our contact form, chat live on our website, or call us at (217) 328-6000 today. It may be the most important phone call of your life.
Your initial consultation with us is always free of charge and can easily be arranged with one quick phone call or email. We strive to return your phone call or email immediately - during normal business hours or otherwise. Being available to you, our clients, is just part of our commitment to delivering excellent service.
If you are facing prosecution for a criminal or DUI charge in the Champaign-Urbana area or elsewhere in East Central Illinois, we are here to help. The Champaign-Urbana criminal defense attorneys of the Bruno Law Offices can protect you and your rights in court. Contact us today at (217) 328-6000 to schedule your initial consultation.